Friday, September 08, 2006

I ain't fatty...Mido

Video Safari

Mido is ready to spearhead Tottenham's attack against Manchester United on Saturday after shedding an amazing 22lbs over the summer.
The Egypt striker sealed a permanent move to White Hart Lane last month after spending 18 months on loan at the club from Roma.

Mido declared: "It was important for me to lose weight. I knew that and I went home and worked on it.
"Now it's my job to keep fit because unfortunately at the end of last season I got injured and didn't play the last five or six games.
"I gained weight because that is my body - if I don't train, I gain weight even if I eat normally. So now I am happy that I'm fit. I worked hard for it and now I have to stay fit until the end of the season.
"I have lost about 10 kilos, three off my hair! I am now talking to a Brazilian who is one of the best physical trainers.
"His job will be to help the medical staff here keep me fit all the season. He was working with the Brazilian, Maxwell, one of my friends, who was playing with Ajax when I was with Inter Milan.
"Maxwell had a big injury and he helped him a lot to get fit again. The most important thing is that he has the experience to keep me fit all the time.
"I asked Spurs' permission if they would allow me to have a special trainer who can help me to keep fit all the season. I will pay for him myself. Last season he was in Monaco for five or six months working with Maxwell so I hope it will be easy for him to come to England.
"I don't have an agreement with him yet but I am hopeful we can work out a programme. It won't affect my physical power. I did not want to lose any muscle I was just working on losing the things that my body does not need."