Saturday, July 08, 2006

Zidane: We're ready to die for France

Video Safari

France star Zinedine Zidane says he and his teammates are ready to die for their country tomorrow night.

He scored twice in the 1998 final and will go down as one of the competition's greats if he does the business again tomorrow.
Zidane said: "I look at the squad, all 23 of us, and I can see we are ready to die for our country and the cause.
"A lot of people are with us now, though they were not with us at all at the start of the tournament.
"I had the greatest night of my life eight years ago.
"I scored twice against Brazil but what mattered was we won. I'm sure this team will win as well.
"It's unbelievable to think I will be playing the last game of my career in the World Cup final.
"But I have to make sure I quit as a World Cup winner."