Friday, September 08, 2006

Dowie critisized Chelsea

Video Safari

Charlton Athletic boss Iain Dowie has had a pop at Chelsea over their public slanging match with new Arsenal signing William Gallas.
Chelsea claim Gallas threatened to score an own goal if they did not let him leave in the deal that took Ashley Cole the opposite way.

But Dowie, who takes his team to Stamford Bridge tomorrow, believes they should have kept the row behind closed doors.
He said: "It's become messy with the Ashley Cole thing.
"Both Chelsea and Arsenal have got great players out of it.
"You never know what to believe about what has or hasn't gone on, but it's a bit messy that's for sure. It's something I wouldn't get involved in.
"Should they air their dirty linen in public? No. It's something I'd rather keep in-house.
"You never know how acrimonious the departure has been.
"Behind the scenes in my career there have been one or two situations that really rile you and make you want to burst out. I try to stop myself doing that."
Chelsea released a statement on their website alleging France defender Gallas threatened to score an own goal in a bitter bust-up with boss Jose Mourinho.
Dowie added: "I don't know whether that's Jose releasing that statement or someone else.
"We probably won't know until next year when it fires up again.
"I can't be worried about whether they've got problems off the pitch. I haven't got time."