Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Vieri joins Atalanta

Video Safari

Atalanta have completed the signing of striker Christian Vieri.

Although no financial details have been released, it's believed he agreed to a minimum wage deal of just over £1,000 per month to join the side he originally played for in 1995-96.
There had been fears he would retire from the
game completely following brief spells at Milan, Monaco and Sampdoria, the latter experience not even stretching to a single training session before his contract was terminated by mutual consent.
"Atalanta is the right choice," said the forward. "It is not an issue of money. I have already had big contracts, now I only want to return to play and to do so with an important club, that I know well and with a president who I have already worked for, it is very important.
"I want to do well, the objective is to avoid relegation. The only thing that I feel I can guarantee the public of Bergamo is maximum effort."
On his cancelled contract with Sampdoria, Vieri added: "If I had time I would explain everything. Perhaps I will do so in the future."