Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vieira: Branca convinced me about Inter Milan

Video Safari

Patrick Vieira admits a London meeting with Inter Milan director Marco Branca last month convinced him to choose the San Siro.

Former Juventus midfielder Vieira also had an offer from Manchester United, but agreed to a £6.5 million move to Inter yesterday.
The France international said: "I'm very happy, very content. Inter has truly made me feel wanted. I understood this after speaking many times with Branco and this was a determining factor for me."
Vieira added: "I'm convinced that Inter can do very well, that I can do well with all my new teammates.
"I wanted to continue to play at the highest level, I wanted to still play in order to win big trophies and for this reason it was very important that I chose Inter."