Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vieira reveals Serie A preference

Video Safari

Patrick Vieira has reiterated his desire to remain in Serie A, after completing a £6.5 million transfer to Internazionale.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson revealed he considered a move for the former Juventus man during the press conference to unveil Michael Carrick on Wednesday.
A return to The Premiership, a league Vieira graced for almost a decade with United's rivals Arsenal, could have proved attractive to the France international midfielder.
However, after opting to leave demoted Juve, Vieira was delighted to return to the top division in Italy and is now determined to prove his worth to Inter coach Roberto Mancini.
"I'm really happy to be here," said Vieira.
"We are a great side and can win a lot with the players we have. If I want to play then I will have to work to show the coach I deserve to play.
"I wanted to play in Serie A. I wanted to play at the highest level and win things again.
"After the first contact with [Inter official] Marco Branca, I understood how much the club wanted me and that convinced me to sign."