Monday, August 14, 2006

Liverpool's Benitez: No hand-shake with Mourinho

Video Safari

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez admitted he failed to shake hands with Chelsea counterpart Jose Mourinho after seeing his team win yesterday's charged Community Shield clash.

Benitez admitted after Liverpool's Community Shield win: "We did not shake hands.
"Also, after the FA Cup he decided not to shake hands. For me, it was not a problem.
"This time, he was behind me and I did not say anything. I was concentrating on my team and the fans."
Mourinho insisted it was Benitez's fault even though he made no effort to congratulate the Spaniard after Liverpool's win in Cardiff.
The Blues chief said: "If we shake hands, if we kiss do you think that is important? I was on the pitch from the last whistle until Liverpool received the cup. I was there. You have to ask him."
Mourinho refused to change his verdict that Liverpool would NOT feature in the title race.
He added: "They are an incredibly difficult team to beat. But a competition of 10 months is different than one game.
"I admit they deserved to win. But, I am not worried. If we lose a game at the start of the Premiership or lose two points, it does not matter."