Monday, August 14, 2006

Van Nistelrooy delighted with Real Madrid strike

Video Safari

Ruud van Nistelrooy was delighted to open his account for Real Madrid in yesterday's 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in the USA.

"I am very happy with the goal, but most important was the work of the team," said the former Manchester United striker.
"The trial can be described as positive, although it is true that in the first-half the rate has been slower than in the second, where there was more space which we have been able to take advantage of.
"I am understanding my teammates well, although I am convinced that, with the passage of the games and training, I will feel better.
"I attempt to do what the trainer requests, who wants me to create space for the midfielders behind me to add to our options in attack."