Friday, August 04, 2006

Dad: Gallas won't quit Chelsea

Video Safari

William Gallas doesn't expect to be sold by Chelsea before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

The Sun says Gallas, 28, talked to his family during a Caribbean break.
And last night his father Simbert revealed: "You can take it from me William is staying at Chelsea this season. He has a contract there and he left here yesterday evening to honour it.
"I don't want to say whether he is ready to negotiate a new deal.
"I am not sure how much Chelsea are ready to extend his contract. What I do know is they have taken away his shirt number."
Boss Jose Mourinho blasted Gallas for failing to turn up for the club's pre-season trip to America.
Mourinho rapped: "It's not only me that's upset - we are all upset.
"We are a strong family, a strong group and a lack of respect in the group is something I don't like."
Gallas will train with the reserves on his return to the club today.