Friday, August 04, 2006

Chelsea's Obi Mikel just happy to play again

Video Safari

John Obi Mikel is delighted his dream move to Chelsea has finally come true.
Mikel caused quite a stir when he signed for Manchester United only to controversially change his mind and move to Stamford Bridge.
He said: "I am very happy to be here because I have been away from football for the last couple of months.

"I am happy that I can now play. It's good to be here with my friends. I really like it.
"It was difficult for me but I am very happy everything has been resolved.
"It is such a relief that I can now get on the pitch and play. I am very happy to be here where I want to be.
"I have been here two days practising with the team. It has been tough but good and the fitness level is getting better."
Mikel said: "Hopefully I will get my opportunity but that depends on the manager.
"I am a player and I will just have to work hard and show them that I should be playing in the team.
"I will work hard in practice and it is then up to the manager."