Friday, August 04, 2006

Chimbonda hits out at Wigan price

Video Safari

Tottenham's chase for Wigan right-back Pascal Chimbonda will end unless the Latics drop their £6million asking price.
Tottenham have informed Wigan they are not prepared to match the demands, and unless the Lancashire side revise their valuation of the wantaway right-back, the proposed deal is off.

Chimbonda, meanwhile, has accused Wigan of pricing him out of a dream move to White Hart Lane.
"I cannot see a deal happening now because of the money Wigan are looking for me," said Chimbonda.
"I was told when I signed my new contract in January they would not stand in my way if a top club came calling for me.
"That is the reason I signed the new deal and let them take out my release [clause].
"I could have left in January but I decided to stay on and help Wigan."
Chimbonda added: "I came to Wigan even though I could have joined Marseille because I wanted to play in the Premiership as it is the place to be.
"It is has always been my ambition to play for a top club and also play in Europe.
"If the club do not want to sell me, maybe they will give me a new contract worthy of a player they value so highly."