Friday, August 04, 2006

Fiorentina ace Toni reveals English offers

Video Safari

Fiorentina forward Luca Toni has revealed that he has received offers to go and play in England.

The 30-year-old is a top target for Internazionale but has admirers from The Premiership and La Liga as he ponders his future with La Viola.
"I never said the things I read in the papers," he argued. "I want to win the Scudetto and Champions League, that's why I'd like to talk with [Fiorentina owner] Diego Della Valle.
"I'd like to find a solution that could unblock the problem but he doesn't want to meet me, and I'm sorry."
Toni is prepared to further his career with a move away from Fiorentina, after topping the Serie A goal charts last term.
"At the age of 30, I must take advantage at the best times for the chances I have to win something important.
"I have requests - not only from Inter but also from Spain and from England."