Saturday, August 05, 2006

Arsenal wait as Ribery demands Marseille move

Video Safari

Arsenal remain in the frame for Olympique Marseille's want-away star Franck Ribery.

Ribery has stated he fancies joining countryman Arsene Wenger at the Gunners, though also says Lyon are a favoured destination.
Last night, the pacy winger declared: "My wish is to leave Marseille. I want to play in the Champions League.
"The Marseille club officials know where I want to go and the club I wish to sign for also know it."
He added on French TV channel TF1: "My choice is made and I will not go back. Now both clubs have to reach an agreement."
In a statement on Marseille's website, club president Pape Diouf said: "We disapprove totally with the method used by Franck Ribery.
"The improved contract he signed in March ties him to Marseille. Each camp must assume its share of responsibility and he will not be able to sign for another club without our accord."