Friday, August 04, 2006

AC Milan force Barcelona into Ronaldinho contract talks

Video Safari

Ronaldinho admits he's in the dark over reports that his brother and agent, Roberto de Assis, is in talks with Barcelona over a new contract extension.

It's been suggested that talk of AC Milan preparing a mega £70 million bid for Ronaldinho has been orchestrated by Assis to force Barca into committing to a longer deal for his brother.
Interest from Chelsea saw Barca lengthen and improve Ronaldinho's current deal through to 2010 and it's reported Assis is keen to see that extended now to 2014.
"I do not know if there has been contact with my brother," said Ronaldinho when asked about Milan's interest. "It is always good that a great team wants and admires the work you do."
Barca president Joan Laporta insisted: "I am unconcerned because I know that Ronaldinho is very happy at Barca. In addition, I have read that Milan has denied the story."