Friday, August 04, 2006

Materazzi welcomes Vieira to Inter Milan "with a smile"

Video Safari

After inking a new four-year contract yesterday, Inter Milan defender Marco Materazzi welcomed the arrival of Patrick Vieira.

The pair clashed during last month's World Cup final and in the aftermath of Zinedine Zidane's dismissal, but Materazzi insists it was all smiles yesterday.

"I greeted him and told him that I'm delighted he has come to Inter," said Materazzi. "Not just in the World Cup, but also when Inter and Juventus clashed we had some very hard contests, but this morning it was enough to smile and say 'hello' to eachother.

"For the other matters, I don't won't to go over old ground. There's enough time in the future to talk about this and it will be done on my terms.

"There's been enough controversy and I have suffered - as everyone could see. For now, silence is golden."