Friday, August 04, 2006

Arsenal's Reyes doesn't want to be Cup-tied for Madrid

Video Safari

Jose Reyes admits next Tuesday's Champions League qualifier for Arsenal could ultimately decide if he will be joining Real Madrid.

Real coach Fabio Capello won't consider signing Reyes if he his Cup-tied for European competition and the Spaniard told Marca: "The coach has not said anything to me and I do not know if I am going to play or not. I hope that I don't or that everything is solved before the game.
"It is clear enough that if I play in the Champions League the transfer to Madrid becomes complicated. But if I must play, I will play."
Reyes' agent, Mariano Aguilar, has maintained talks with both Real Madrid and Arsenal in recent days and the young striker added: "All these questions should be directed to Mariano Aguilar. He is the one speaking with the clubs and the person I trust most."