Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bayern Munich's Hargreaves keen on Premiership move

Video Safari

Owen Hargreaves has admitted it would be a wrench to leave Bayern Munich even though he would like to experience playing in the Premiership.
It would need one of the big guns in England to show interest in Hargreaves for the 25-year-old to even contemplate a move away from Bayern.

The Canadian-born player said: "I feel blessed to have experienced what I have. It would be great to play in the Premier League - but it hasn't happened so far.
"Bayern Munich are a massive club in Europe, competing for the Champions League year in and year out, and winning the double three years out of four.
"If I wasn't at a club like that, I would be with a club in England. But Bayern have been very good to me and I've had some great successes.
"I never expected, growing up where I did, to end up even playing in Germany. I had no German ties at all.
"It would be wonderful to play in the Premier League but, like I said I am at a club in Bayern Munich who are guaranteed playing in the Champions League quarter-finals almost every year.
"In the past I have spoken to Arsenal and Tottenham but basically those are the only two concrete offers I have ever had.
"With Bayern being the club they are it would be difficult to leave just to go to any club in England. There would be no reason to leave Bayern, after winning the double two years in a row, just to play in England."