Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pardew taking Spanish

Video Safari

West Ham United boss Alan Pardew has revealed he's taking Spanish lessons to help his new Argie stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano adjust to London life.

He said: "I spoke Spanish to the new boys this morning. They came in and I explained 'Esta manana, dos toques, los rojos contra los blancos contra los naranjas.'
"It means, 'This morning, we have two-touch, reds v whites v oranges.' I don't know the Spanish for 'On me 'ed, son' yet but I'm working on it! I've got all the staff working on the language.
"And we've got a little test arranged for them at the end of the week on a few football terms."
Hammers' Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun, who played for Racing Santander in Spain before arriving in the East End last year, acts as translator on the pitch.