Thursday, September 14, 2006

Benitez keep his rotation style

Video Safari

Rafael Benitez's iron rule at Liverpool will continue to mean big-name players must accept their role in a squad rotation system.

The Anfield boss has made it very clear that everybody will be rotated, in a similar vein to Jose Mourinho's selection policy at Chelsea, and no hint of disagreement will be tolerated.
Benitez said: "If you have a good squad you can use different players whenever you want to. That is why they are there.
"For me as a manager I have the opportunity to use different players. Chelsea do it all the time but now we have a situation where opponents can look at our bench and say, 'Gerrard and Bellamy are both there'.
"It shows our strength and why we have bought more players, to improve the squad and the side.
"It is much better; we have more options in every game. And I don't just talk about the last couple of games, I mean in all games.
"My idea is to use all of the players, and my selection will depend on each game, who we play."