Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oasis star almost sign Maldini, Del Piero

Video Safari

Oasis star Noel Gallagher has revealed how he almost convinced AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini to sign for Manchester City!
"In a drunken rumble I said to him (Maldini) if he promised to play for City I would personally pay him £150,000 a week. He thought I was serious and my manager phoned me the next day and said 'hey mate, you'd better phone him back and tell him you're not serious because he thinks you are'," Gallagher told the Daily Mail.
Juventus captain Alessandro del Piero revealed last week that Gallagher also tried to sign him for City.
Del Piero told The Times: "I've been here 14 years and have a strong bond," he said. "I owed it to the Agnellis [the owners]. I couldn't leave the Old Lady like this. Noel Gallagher did ask me to go to Manchester because we're friends through music. I dee-jay and we have the same record label. He gave me my gold disc and came to the World Cup semi-final. He's my lucky mascot."