Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kromkamp ready to face Liverpool

Video Safari

PSV Eindhoven signing Jan Kromkamp is ready to face old club Liverpool tonight in the Champions League.
The full-back joined PSV Eindhoven on transfer deadline day after surviving less than a year at Anfield and is set for a quick reunion with his former team-mates in the Champions League Group C opener at the Philips Stadion.

The Reds arrived in Holland today on the back of their worst Merseyside derby defeat in 42 years, 3-0 to Everton, and Holland international Kromkamp believes PSV can rub salt into an open wound.
"Liverpool are a quality side," he said. "But I feel you should not even start a game when you lack the confidence to earn a victory yourself. So yes, I think we can beat Liverpool."
Kromkamp started only seven Barclays Premiership games for Liverpool following his January move.
While he admitted to a degree of frustration, the defender had nothing but kind words for his former employers, with whom he won the FA Cup last season.
"I found it hard to find my rhythm when I was not given much playing time," he added on PSV's official website.
"I need to play games to get in shape. I loved my spell with Liverpool and I will always cherish fond memories of the FA Cup final.
"But now I am delighted to be here, as PSV are a great club."