Monday, September 11, 2006

Beckham hails phenomenon Van Nistelrooy

Video Safari

Ruud van Nistelrooy was delighted with his hat-trick against Levante yesterday.

The Real Madrid striker, however, insisted the main the point from the victory was the three points: "Yes, I am happy with my goals, but the main thing is the three points and that we played well.
"To achieve this you must work hard in
training and we have been rewarded for our efforts. It was a very important win. We knew we had to deliver a positive result.
"For players like me, goals are important. Just as they are for (Samuel) Eto'o. I cannot say how many I will score this season because I can't know and I don't want to promise anything. I only hope that there are many and they help us win trophies.
"The Liga is not for Ruud van Nistelrooy, but for Real Madrid."
David Beckham said: "Ruud was a phenomenon at
Manchester United and he will be here also."