Monday, September 11, 2006

Munich agree Hargreaves deal

Video Safari

Manchester United are confident of signing Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves for £15 million in January.

The Sunday Mirror says after high-level talks between the two clubs, a deal has been done for a January move if Hargreaves still wants it.
Hargreaves said: "I stated my wishes to make the move at the time but I have to get over it.
"My job as a footballer is to focus on the football now, not the other things and I have to get over it.
"I won't let it prey on my mind. My job is to play well and work hard, the other things aren't really down to me."
Given Hargreaves's form for England it is not hard to see why Sir Alex Ferguson is still desperate to recruit him.
He added: "I'm not in it for glory or headlines, I'm in it to win. Football is a team game, it's not about individuals.
"Everyone loves to score goals and set up goals, but everyone in the team has to have responsibilities, and my job as a defensive midfielder is to win tackles and to take pressure off the back four and help them keep a clean sheet."