Monday, September 04, 2006

Joaquin could have been Real Madrid's player

Video Safari

Valencia's record signing Joaquin admits he could be wearing the colours of Real Madrid if Florentino Perez had remained president.

"Perhaps, yes, it could have happened," said the £16.5 million winger. "But that is history.
"The case of Real Madrid is now over. Now I'm with Valencia and Betis are winners with £16.5 million.
"The time was right to leave. I will be a Betico all my life, but I'm 25 and the seriousness with which Valencia came in for me convinced me that the time was right to move."
On the 8,000-plus fans that greeted him at the Mestalla last week, Joaquin added: "It pleased me greatly to see so many people. Now I need to repay them. Valencia are a great club, it's project is always to be amongst the best at home and in Europe. I have joined a great club."