Sunday, September 24, 2006

Allardyce fears damage reputation

Video Safari

Bolton Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce fears his reputation has been tarnished by Panorama's bungs investigation.

BBC Panorama's covert investigation into football transfers alleged that both Allardyce and his son, Craig, were given bungs to facilitate player transfers. Both deny any wrongdoing.
Craig Allardyce has insisted since the BBC programme was
broadcast on Tuesday that he exaggerated his own importance to an undercover reporter in order to attract opportunities.
And Trotters boss Allardyce told The People: "I don't know what damage it has done for me, but I don't think it will go on and on - I think things will be sorted out pretty quickly.
"I have done nothing wrong but things like this can stick, even if nothing is proved. It's hard to say what might happen on that score - I just have to concentrate on football and let my legal side look after that.
"I haven't been tempted to walk away, no way. That would have looked as if I was running away, so that has never entered my mind."