Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ronaldo glad Real stay

Video Safari

Ronaldo says he is delighted he stayed with Real Madrid this season.

The Brazilian ace, just turned 30, told Radio Marca: "The truth is that I am very calm right now, although there's still a lot to do.
"The sport part of Real Madrid never wanted to sell me - as did the president. Ramon Calderon left me in no doubt he wanted me to stay from the first moment we met.
"Only one person at the club, thinking about the economic aspect, wanted to sell me. I could not decide myself because I am a player of Real Madrid and I have two years left on my contract.
"It excited me to see that Milan and Inter wanted me.
"I did not negotiate with any club my exit and all those that asked me I sent to Real Madrid. I could not decide anything and my intention was to stay. And so it has been and I am happy to have stayed."