Sunday, September 24, 2006

Inter Milan perfect for Crespo

Video Safari

Heran Crespo says he feels like a new player after his move to Inter Milan.

Crespo struck the winner in midweek at Roma and said yesterday: "When was the last time I dribbled past a player to score a goal? That was in the last century.
"Actually, it was for Parma against Juventus in 2000. They were playing in 10 men, we were in nine, and there were a few seconds left in stoppages. I ran half the pitch, went past two opponents and hit the back of the net. It was probably my best goal."
Former Lazio, Chelsea and Milan hitman Crespo was expected to join the Rossoneri this summer, but opted to return to the club he'd already played for in 2002-03.
"I honestly didn't think that my career would have another chance like this. Now that it has happened, I am facing this challenge with remarkable joy and determination. I am convinced I'll achieve great things here, as this is a very strong side."