Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sheva insist he's Chelsea's top striker

Video Safari

Andriy Shevchenko has warned Didier Drogba he's the top striker at Chelsea.

Sheva told The Sun: "I know it may be hard during this initial time but I'm already getting used to England and Chelsea. I WILL start making my mark on history soon. I am now fully integrated into the team and raring to go.
"I had fun in Italy playing for Milan but I think I can accomplish more in the Premiership.
"I am comfortable here and just know English fans love football. They do not discriminate and I will give them the best show ever."
Shevchenko, who lines up against Fulham today, added: "Joining Chelsea was not an easy decision to make but my family supported me and I had to give it a shot.
"I am happy with the calibre of players I've met in the team. The manager is doing everything to make us comfortable and feel at home.
"He's very supportive. With such motivation you can do anything. I am happy here.
"I will have a good season. I may miss Italy but here is home.
"The most important thing is that my family is happy here."