Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mama advise Martins

Video Safari

Obafemi Martins has revealed his Mum told him to join Newcastle United last week.
The Toon's new £10 million striker said: "I first heard that Newcastle were interested in me three weeks ago.

"Once I knew that Inter Milan had another five strikers I felt I had to leave."
But Martins is delighted to be at Newcastle and after already tasting the atmosphere generated by the Toon Army during the Champions League clash in 2003, he said: "I played 20 minutes against Newcastle back in the Champions League and they have always had a good team.
"Newcastle is a beautiful city and I remember how many fans they brought to the San Siro.
"Even my team-mates could not believe how many Newcastle supporters they took to Italy.
"I love that type of support.
"I think I will be very happy in Newcastle. The black-and-white shirt is beautiful and I am grateful to wear it.
"Even my mother told me to go to Newcastle."
Added Martins: "I already know people here like Emre and Celestine Babayaro and I have met Shola (Ameobi), but I hope that everybody in the team will be like a brother to me eventually."