Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gravesen fears time is running out

Video Safari

Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Gravesen fears his move back to the Premiership could fall through.

Gravesen told BBC Sport that Celtic and four English Premiership sides - Newcastle, Bolton, Middlesbrough and his old club Everton - were in for him.
But the 30-year-old added: "It's in my mind there are five days left and I go into the Denmark camp on Sunday.
"I fear I'll be stuck in Madrid not playing and doing the thing I love."
Real have told Gravesen, who joined the Spanish team from Everton in a £2.5 million deal in January 2005, that he can leave for any club willing to
pay their £2 million valuation.
"Maybe in five minutes there's a
phone call and two clubs have agreed terms and I can be on my way there," Gravesen added.
"We're in contact with clubs and we're negotiating."