Saturday, August 19, 2006

Arsenal's Cesc has pop at "long ball" Chelsea

Video Safari

Arsenal midfield whiz Cesc Fabregas has had a pop at Chelsea's style of game.
Fabregas, 19, insisted: "We are one of the best attacking teams in Europe so we know if we get clean sheets we will always score goals.

"Chelsea have a great team, I respect them, but to be honest I don't really enjoy watching them all that much.
"They are very strong and seem to play the long ball, then go for the second ball. It is different to the way we play. For me it is us, Barcelona and AC Milan who play the great football."
The midfielder, who has a contract until 2011, also told Arsenal Magazine: "I was captain of the youth teams at Barcelona and I like to lead by example.
"One day I would like that honour at Arsenal. Thierry is a great captain but I hope I can stay at Arsenal for a very, very long time and if I have the chance I would love to be captain."
The boy king has filled out this summer and is now getting the brawn to match his brain.
He said: "I'm a bit quicker and stronger and I think I'm now more capable to run with the ball because of that.
"This is one of the things I learned from Patrick Vieira, he was always getting forward and he could defend too.
"Watching a lot of the things he did has really helped my game.
"I will never be like Patrick, of course, but it is good for a central midfield player to be a physical presence, although the most important thing of all is what's inside your head."