Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Thuram: Fantastic Barcelona best in in the world

Video Safari

New Barcelona defender Lilian Thuram has declared he's signed for "the best team in the world".

The 34 year-old defender passed his medical in the morning before inking a contract worth £4 million-a-year.
"I took my children to Paris for the Champions League final," recalled Thuram. "Back then, I was a fan of Barcelona, now I am a player - it's the stuff of dreams!
"I have come to the best team in the world. A team that has won the Champions League and the Liga."
On his departure from Juventus, Thuram revealed: "I spoke with Didier Deschamps. He understood that it was difficult for me to play in the second division when I had great offers in front of me, like the one from Barcelona.
"With Ronaldinho and Eto'o, Barca boast the best players in the world. I am very, very happy to be here. It is fantastic."