Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Drogba admits he'd quit Chelsea for right price

Video Safari

Didier Drogba has declared he's ready to quit Chelsea before the start of the season.
Drogba, 25, told The Sun: "I'm not a greedy person but if the price is right and I still feel giddy about Chelsea, then I'll go."
The news will be a shattering blow for boss Jose Mourinho.

He has already lost SIX of his first-team squad this summer.
Drogba said: "I'm a Chelsea player at the moment and I am planning to do my best this season.
"But at one time, yes, I did really want to leave. The accusations of diving, the playing pattern and some other personal issues were all part of it.
"Sometimes when you have so much pressure on you, there is a need to change scene so that your game does not suffer."
"I'm young and still want to give my fans the best."
Drogba, 28, insists the summer arrival of Andriy Shevchenko and Salomon Kalou have no bearing on his future at Chelsea.
He said: "It's scandalous to think I want to leave because other players are coming in. More quality players will be good for the team and Jose Mourinho needs such a team to remain champions."