Sunday, July 16, 2006

Deschamps determined to take Juventus back to top

Video Safari

New Juventus coach Didier Deschamps is determined to lead them back into Serie A next season.

Deschamps knew there was a chance his tenure would start outside the top flight when he was appointed on Monday and the former Monaco boss insists his enthusiasm has not diminished following Friday night's ruling by the Federal Appeals Commission.

"I am very happy and proud to be here," he said. "I am very determined and positive that we will do something fantastic together.

"The penalty we have been given is a big one, but we can only do our best.

"It is going to be difficult to get back to Serie A in one year, and it might take two, but even so, we will give it our best shot.

"I have never had any doubts and I made my choice (to coach Juve) aware of the insecurity surrounding the club.

"Our project may change, but not my determination or conviction."