Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rooney determined to take England to final

Video Safari

Wayne Rooney is determined not to waste the World Cup chance he thought had been snatched away.

Rooney's dreams of starring in Germany seemed in tatters when he broke his foot towards the end of the season.
Rooney, 20, said: "There's more to come from me in this tournament. I think I can recapture the form I showed in Euro 2004.
"I'm getting better and fitter with every game and every training session. Hopefully I'll get better in the games. I feel like I can last two hours. That's down to the manager but I feel good in myself.
"I was quite pleased with my performance in the last game and I was delighted with the result. If it's the same performance and the same result again I'd snatch your hand off for it."
Rooney broke a metatarsal bone in his right foot on April 29, playing for United at Chelsea.
Rooney said: "It was obviously a bad time to get injured. I wanted to get myself fit, I really wanted to be here and I've worked hard.
"I've always been positive since the day I was injured and I'm really happy to have taken part in three games so far.
"I'm pleased with the way it has gone and I will be happy to take part in the quarter-final."