Thursday, June 29, 2006

Parreira: Brazil expecting more from Ronaldinho

Video Safari

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira admits he is expecting more from Ronaldinho.
Parreira said: "Ronaldinho, unlike the one of Barcelona, is only at a reasonable level.
"He needs to go up a step for the quarter-finals, the semis and, God willing, the final."

Brazil are currently preparing for Saturday's quarter-final against France in Frankfurt.
And Ronaldinho said: "I believe at the right moment the goal is going to come. It will be good if it's saving itself for the final.
"I am dedicated even though the goal everyone is expecting hasn't arrived. But I have confidence that when the team needs it most, the goal will come.
"I have alternated between good moments and not so good moments so far. In the role I play, the important thing is not to give the ball away.
"To err in a moment when the team cannot afford to lose the ball leaves me sad.
"When things go well, when I pass for goal, it is marvellous.
"To play in this area is complicated. There are always many players in midfield.
"I am trying to get myself near the area. The aim is to get further forward so I have the option to dribble."