Monday, September 04, 2006

Forever Gunners for Baptista

Video Safari

Julio Baptista wants to play for Arsenal beyond the end of this season.

The Brazilian star, 24, got his first run-out at the Gunners' new Emirates Stadium in yesterday's 3-0 win over Argentina.
Now he wants to make his loan from Real Madrid permanent.
He said: "It was very nice to play at the Emirates and I am so happy to be made so welcome at my new ground. I'm confident I will be a good acquisition.
"Arsenal is a traditional and well-run club. They reached the Champions League final and I hope, with my help, they can do it again this season. I'm happy to sign a four-year contract.
"But after the one-year loan, it's up to Arsenal if they want to keep me. Hopefully, they will.
"I am very humbled Arsene Wenger was so interested in me. I'll be very happy to stay as long as the club wants me."