Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Beckham could not face Man Utd

Video Safari

David Beckham has ruled out a return to English football because he could not face lining up against Manchester United in the Premiership.

The 31-year-old Real Madrid midfielder, who has in the past been linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle, cannot see himself joining one of United's Premiership rivals.
"I don't think I'll ever return to the Premiership," Beckham said while promoting his soccer schools and a book, 'Making it Real', during a visit to London.
"I played for Manchester United for many years. They are the club I support and, hand on heart, I couldn't see myself playing in any other shirt in the Premiership.
"I don't think I could ever put another shirt on in England and play against Manchester United in the Premiership."