Monday, September 18, 2006

Ballack admit bad stamp

Video Safari

Michael Ballack has apologised to Mohamed Sissoko for the stamp which earned him a red card in the 52nd minute of Chelsea's 1-0 win against Liverpool.
The German waited outside the visitors' dressing room after the game to speak to Sissoko.

Ballack said: "It was a bad situation for me. I came in too late.
"I didn't want to hurt him but I've seen it on TV and it doesn't look good. I wanted to say sorry to him."
Referee Mike Riley confirmed the red card was for violent conduct and Chelsea's German international midfielder will be hit with a three-match ban.
Ballack continued, "It is the first straight red card of my career. I have had two yellows before but never a straight red.
"I saw it on TV and it doesn't look good and that's why I wanted to say sorry.
"I told Sissoko I have no problem with him at all.
"In the first half when he could have been sent off for a second yellow card I went to him and told him to calm down and be careful."