Monday, August 07, 2006

Pepe: Man Utd's Rooney went LOCO!

Video Safari

Porto defender Pepe insists he didn't play-act to get Manchester United star Wayne Rooney sent-off on Friday.

Rooney who was red-carded for catching Pepe with a flailing arm and could be hit by a three-match ban for what appeared to be a soft dismissal.
Brazilian defender Pepe insisted: "I didn't get Rooney sent off. He got himself sent off - he was loco.
"He is a good player, but maybe his temperament isn't there yet. He had fouled me with his elbow earlier in the game. I didn't see him coming the second time. He came out of nowhere. I don't know how he fouled me, I just felt it. The only thing I saw was the red card.
"But the referee did see it and he made the decision he felt was right. I don't know if Rooney tried to hurt me. You will have to ask him."