Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Man Utd ready to step up push for Argie Tevez

Video Safari

Manchester United are considering switching their sights to Corinthians star Carlos Tevez to fill the void left by Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Manchester Evening News says the Reds have met with stubborn resistance from Atletico Madrid, who are insisting on a ?25m price tag for Torres, and Juventus have slapped a ?28m fee on another possible target, Swedish enigma Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
But Tevez, who had been expected to join Chelsea, could be a cheaper target for United after claiming he is being forced out of his club Corinthians by mounting fan pressure.
Tevez, who is friends with United's Gabriel Heinze, appears desperate to get out of Brazil, saying: "My daughter Florencia is very scared and my wife is too. They are very sad. Things which the Corinthians supporters did, are not easy to forget.
"If I was single, I would be in Brazil for one more year. But I have to talk with my family."