Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Juventus star Vieira: I want Man Utd move

Video Safari

Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira has made a 'come and get me' plea to Manchester United.

The Sun says the ex-Arsenal star, 30, has decided to quit Juventus after their relegation in the Serie A match-fixing scandal.
Vieira said: "Everyone wants to play for a club like Manchester United at the very highest level. It might be difficult after nine years at Arsenal but anything can happen in football.
"I will certainly not be playing for Juventus next season after they were relegated to Serie B.
"I believe my future will be sorted out in the next 48 hours."
Vieira joined Juventus for £13.7m last summer after nine years at the Gunners.
But with the Turin side dumped from Italy's top flight and without Champions League football, Juve need to off-load their highly-paid stars.
That means United boss Alex Ferguson could get Vieira for as little as £6m.