Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Man Utd's Park: I must be more selfish

Video Safari

Park Ji-sung aims to show a more selfish streak after hinting it is make-or-break at Manchester United this season.

The South Korea international joined United from PSV Eindhoven in a £4 million deal last summer, but has yet to fully convince in England.
"This season I would like to show visible results with goals or assists," the 25 year old told Yonhap news agency.
"The number of goals I make needs to increase in multiples. I think I need to increase my number of assists by just a few more.
"Just as my fans long for goals, I also want to put some in. If I get the chance, I will go straight for a goal.
"In the first season, it was an honour to play for Manchester United and I knew I had to learn a lot.
"Personally, I think this season is more important.
"The kind of play that I show will decide whether I remain or follow the footsteps of other players who have left the team."