Monday, August 28, 2006

Gallas ready for the worst

Video Safari

Chelsea defender William Gallas is prepared to sit out the season to get his move away.

Gallas broke his silence yesterday on the deadlock that has left him sidelined.
He said: "I'm still hopeful of being able to leave. I'm strong in my mind and looking at my future from day to day."
In a firm message to his Chelsea bosses, Gallas reckons leaving him out of the team will not change his mind. He said: "I have already lived through that kind of situation and it does not bother me."
Gallas was prevented by red tape from playing for Marseille for an entire season when he was 20.
He admitted that the experience reduced him to tears at times but he saw it through and is prepared to do the same now.
Gallas, 29, added: "This is not the kind of situation that is going to stop me keeping my morale and form. I'm ready to do what I have to do."