Monday, July 31, 2006

Strachan: Sir Alex treated me like a kid

Video Safari

Gordon Strachan has finally responded to Sir Alex Ferguson's criticism of him in his 1999 autobiography by claiming the Manchester United boss bullied him during their time together at Aberdeen and Old Trafford.
In his new book 'Strachan: My Life In Football', the Celtic boss says he was picked on by Ferguson - 'a man who thrives on conflict' - at Aberdeen and United.
Strachan, whose book is serialised in The Sunday Times, said: "The longer we worked together, the more I needed him to adopt a different attitude and approach with me. I needed him to treat me as an adult, not a kid; to have some respect for the fact I was an experienced professional to whom abuse from the manager had become more of a motivational turn-off than a stimulus."