Saturday, July 01, 2006

England ace Rooney: Biggest game of career

Video Safari

England ace Wayne Rooney says today's clash with Portugal is the biggest game of his career.

"It's probably the biggest game of my career if I'm being honest," he said. "It's a massive game. We badly want to win it because if you get to the last four anything can happen and hopefully we can do well. I think we have a good chance, we can certainly win the game. Hopefully we can win and progress to the semi-final."
The striker defended the presence of the players wives and girlfriends. "The atmosphere is good because everyone gets on really well. There's different stuff you can do, especially the day after the game, where you can see your family and see your girlfriend. That's helped a lot of the lads, especially those with kids who can see them after the game.
"Before a match I just do what I normally do, in the dressing room or at the training ground. More than anything it keeps me focused on the game because if I sit there thinking about it too much that's not good."