Friday, June 30, 2006

German spy on Argentinians

Video Safari

Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann has revealed he has some high-profile spies in the Argentina camp.
Klinsmann said: "I look forward to hosting Maradona. But how he deals with his team losing is up to him. I don't think he needs any comforting from me.

"I have friends in Argentina - Cesar Menotti and Ossie Ardiles, who won the World Cup under Menotti in 1978. They are close friends from whom I have gathered a lot of information and advice.
"It's a very special game and occasion. It's a privilege to play against one of the best teams in the world. We are full of optimism and energy. We have great respect for them but our self confidence is based on six weeks' hard work.
"The level of expectation in both countries is immense. You can't really measure pressure."
The winners face either Italy or Ukraine.
Klinsmann said: "We have walked that extra mile and are ready to deliver.
"Germany is a football nation and has won the World Cup three times and have reached the final I don't know how many times."