Friday, July 14, 2006

Diarra puts Man Utd, Real Madrid on red alert

Video Safari

Manchester United and Real Madrid are on red alert after Mahamadou Diarra declared he was "open to offers".

Lyon coach Gerard Houllier earlier this week declared it was out of the question for Diarra to join another European outfit, saying: "Diarra will not go, it's clear, for me he has decided to stay."
But the player, a reported target for Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United, is determined to do what he wants.
"I know that the club count on me and I also count on them but no one has the right to talk in my name," the Mali international told L'Equipe.
"I am open to any offer."
Diarra joined Les Gones from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem in 2002 and has since won four consecutive French titles.
He is a key player in Houllier's team and played in most of the club's Ligue 1 and Champions League matches last campaign.