Friday, July 14, 2006

No "fat-cat millionaires" for Newcastle

Video Safari

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder will not hand "fat-cat football millionaires" a chance to boost their bank balances as he builds for the future.

He said: "Without being disrespectful to anyone, we are not looking for fat-cat millionaires coming to St James' Park who will only waste the club's, and our supporters', money.
"In fact, I only want players who are not only hungry for success, but absolutely starving.
"And I want players who will see a transfer to Newcastle United as a move up and not a move down.
"I want players who have been in the Premiership who are so upset with their managers for not using them that they will come here with plenty to prove.
"Don't get me wrong, I love working with great players and it's something I have done in the past and I am doing with Newcastle United at the moment.
"But they have to be the right players for Newcastle United and our supporters this season."