Monday, July 10, 2006

Arsenal use Campbell to land Fenerbahce's Appiah

Video Safari

Fenerbahce midfield ace Stephen Appiah is a step closer to a move to Arsenal.

Ghana captain Appiah is desperate for a move to North London but his club Fenerbahce have so far refused to sell.
However, the Turkish giants are now understood to be willing to let their prize midfielder go - if long-term target Sol Campbell agrees to move the opposite way.
Appiah, 25, said: "No deal has been done yet but 50 per cent of me is coming to Arsenal. Clubs like AS Roma, Juventus and Marseille all want me. But I don't want to go to Italy again.
"I prefer Arsenal - they are my No 1 choice.
"The Premiership is the league to be in right now and I think it will be good for my career. I'm in the best shape of my career and I want to win more trophies.
"Playing in London would be great but let's wait and see what happens."
Campbell, 31, quit Arsenal at the weekend following a series of personal problems and now wants to finish his career abroad.